Monday, October 11, 2010



Hi everyone. Joe here, on a beautiful fall day in Warwick. It has been a while since I posted on this blog. We have had a very busy season. And I have some sad news to report. Bill's mom passed away last month. Bill spent some time in Florida making arrangements with his sister, Carol and preparing to bring his dad up north. I know you join me in sending your condolences.


Lots went on since last I posted. I performed my first wedding ceremony at the Inn. My friends Joe and MaryEllen had their reception here and asked me to marry them. I became an officiant for the Universal Life Church and can now perform marriages in the state of New York. Very exciting time for me and you can find out more when we update our wedding section on our website.
As you already probably know, Warwick is a whirlwind of activity during the month of October.
Apple Fest was a resounding success as it is every year, drawing upwards of 30,000 visitors to Warwick. Also this past weekend Sugar Loaf had their Fall Festival which is smaller than Apple Fest but just as inviting.


For the rest of the month, there are all sorts of things to do in the area. Apple picking and pumpkin picking are in full swing. Heaven Hill Farm has their haunted hay ride which is very exciting and scary. The farmers market is still on every Sunday in downtown Warwick from 10am to 2 pm. It boasts all kinds of produce and goods from the Hudson Valley. Florida, NY also has a farmer's market every Tuesday from 11:30am to 5:30pm.


Well, since it is apple season in the area, I thought I would ask Bill if I could share his delicious apple crisp recipe with you. It is absolutely delicious and very easy to make.
So here it is.
Ingredients
4 large apples, peeled and sliced
1 cup sugar
nutmeg and cinnamon to taste
4 tablespoons water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
Preheat oven to 350. Sprinkle apples with nutmeg, cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar; add water.
Place in a 9 inch square baking dish. Cream butter and remaining sugar. Add flour and mix well. Pat this mixture over apples and bake 30-45 minutes. Serves 6.
Delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream.
I guarantee you will enjoy this great dessert.

Sorry I was away from the blog for so long but I won't be again. I will be back before the end of the month and then again in November and December. I have lots of recipes and things to tell you about. Oh and by the way, the addition is progessing nicely and will have lots of pics to show you in the coming months.


Thanks for being such loyal readers and from Bill and Joe at the Inn at Stony Creek, Happy Autumn and a Happy, scary Halloween.

No comments: