Thursday, October 1, 2009

Apple Fest is Coming!


October 1st, can you believe it? We have been so busy at the Inn that we have had hardly any time for anything else. Guests have been coming in and out the whole of September and October is set to be one of our busiest months ever. I hope that means we are doing something right. (smile)

This coming Sunday, October 4th, is Apple Fest in Warwick. It is the single biggest event of the year. I have talked about it before in my previous blogs, but it is definitely worth reminding everyone of this great celebration. The streets of the town are lined with vendors, selling just about anything you could be looking for. From food to crafts to clothes or anything else you could imagine, you will find it here. But come early because it gets crowded by mid-day. The town is expecting upwards of 30,000 visitors. Hope to see you there.

Like I said before, October is a very busy month for Bill and I at the Inn. Guests come from all over to see the beautiful, breath-taking foliage that the Warwick and Hudson Valley areas have to offer. We are anticipating that the foliage will peak around October 15th. So take a ride and enjoy the spectacular colors.

In my last blog I promised that I would share some great fall recipes with you and I happened to mention my zucchini bread. I thought that this would be a great recipe to share with you to serve on these rapidly cooling mornings. I hope you enjoy it.

Zucchini Bread

3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 eggs beaten
1 3/4 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini (don't drain)
2 cups all purpose flour
11 11/4 tsps baking soda
2 1/2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
chopped walnuts and golden raisins (optional but recommended))

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 2 9x5 inch loaf pans with
cooking spray and dust with flour.

Combine oil, sugar, eggs and zucchini in a large bowl. Combine remaining dry
ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients gradually to the zucchini
mixture. Beat 3 minutes with mixer on medium speed. Add walnuts and raisins.

Scrape batter into pans evenly. Bake 50 min. to 1 hour or until inserted knife
comes out clean.

Serve with cream cheese spread.


As the holidays approach, I will share with you some great cookie recipes as well as some quick breakfast recipes that are easy and festive.

Next week I will tell you how Apple Fest was and what to expect next in our area.

Bill and I wish you a great, colorful, happy, Autumn and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Bye for now.

No comments: